Enjoy the creativity of wordsmiths. The manipulation and fractured definitions will provide some laughs.
Click on the categories to the right to chuckle at various types of fun with words.
You can send your own contributions to us at word fun contribution.
Among the types of word fun you can view, from the list on the right side of the page, for your enjoyment are:
- Altered word definitions - words taken from the dictionary, altered by adding, subtracting or changing one letter, and supplying a new definition
- Amusing & clever insults
- Aphorisms - original thoughts, embodying general truths or observations, spoken in very concise or terse statement and memorable form.
- Aptonyms - aptly named people
- Buzz words & phrases
- Conflicting proverbs
- Epigrams - short and hard-hitting sayings meant to be wise or snide commentary on human nature.
- Neologisms - comical alternate meanings for various common words.
- Oxymorons - a combination of contradictory or incongruous words.
- Palindromes - a word or phrase which reads the same in both directions
- Paraprodokians - a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader to reinterpret or reframe the first part.
- Word meanings and definitions - fun with "types of murder", "categories of phobias", etc.